Project 3 / Artist Statement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6FYgCsb5cg&feature=youtu.be




For project 3 i had the idea of having an angel and devil sitting on both of my shoulders trying to give me advice. The reason i had this idea is because i feel as if this is what i experience on a daily basis. For the most part i know that i have a lot of responsibilities and things that need to get done but there are times where i just want to relax and not worry about anything. I used my good friend Joel to play the roles of both the angel and the devil (inner conscience). I wasn't sure whether or not to use the original audio because i thought it would be interesting to leave whats going on up to the audience's interpretation. When i finally decided to use the audio, it wasn't working so i had to improvise and record my own. On the left in white my good conscience is telling my i have important stuff that i have to do and that I'm running out of time. On the right is my bad conscience telling me not to worry, relax and do whatever i want. At the end of the day i think all people experience this inner conflict and ultimately make a decision based on their priorities. Most of the time i choose my good conscience but there are times where my bad side takes over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artist Research Ai WeiWei

Artist Research Assignment "Jim Campbell"

Final Project